Kuban Updater/WS 3.0 Not Working Help!

Kuban Updater/WS 3.0 Not Working Help!

Postby JohnSmith123 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Hello, I need your assistance again.
When I open The Kuban Updater, it grants me superuser permissions for an interactive shell, loads, and all it shows is "Removed Apps". The taskbar at the bottom is still there, however when I touch "New" it only shows "Removed Apps". Everything else is there. However, I can not see nor access updates, customs ROM's, etc. How can I download a new Kuban Updater or fix the one I have? I even updated from v1.3 to 2.0 on Sprint GS3 and it was acting the same way, about to try updated to 3.0 to see if I still encounter this issue. Please let me know what the problem is, I hope I'm not the first one to report this :P

*UPDATE*
Once I updated the ROM to v3.0 The Kuban Updater had all of its options back. However the phone is now REALLY laggy. Once it started up and I swiped the lock screen, very slow response, then says Email has stopped. It won't even load. Then It has issues with signing in to my Samsung Apps, and it keeps saying that unfortunately, "The Exchange Service" and eventually: "%1$s", and "TouchWiz Home" has stopped at random times, same with Kuban Updater (mostly when clicking on "New", it would load for a couple secs, then shut down). Do you guys have any idea what's going on?
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Re: Kuban Updater/WS 3.0 Not Working Help!

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 am

There's a first for everything, John. You're the lucky one. I'm sorry to learn that you're experiencing this. What recovery are you using? Before you flash, are you wiping cache, dalvik cache, data, and system?
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby dazednconfused » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:39 am

JohnSmith123 wrote:Hello, I need your assistance again.
When I open The Kuban Updater, it grants me superuser permissions for an interactive shell, loads, and all it shows is "Removed Apps". The taskbar at the bottom is still there, however when I touch "New" it only shows "Removed Apps". Everything else is there. However, I can not see nor access updates, customs ROM's, etc. How can I download a new Kuban Updater or fix the one I have? I even updated from v1.3 to 2.0 on Sprint GS3 and it was acting the same way, about to try updated to 3.0 to see if I still encounter this issue. Please let me know what the problem is, I hope I'm not the first one to report this :P

*UPDATE*
Once I updated the ROM to v3.0 The Kuban Updater had all of its options back. However the phone is now REALLY laggy. Once it started up and I swiped the lock screen, very slow response, then says Email has stopped. It won't even load. Then It has issues with signing in to my Samsung Apps, and it keeps saying that unfortunately, "The Exchange Service" and eventually: "%1$s", and "TouchWiz Home" has stopped at random times, same with Kuban Updater (mostly when clicking on "New", it would load for a couple secs, then shut down). Do you guys have any idea what's going on?

I would say you didn't wipe cache, dalvik cache and data factory reset before flashing v3.0? You are coming from an android 4.1.1 build to a 4.1.2 build, so I definitely would do a data factory reset. If you did do a factory data reset I would definitely download again and reflash.
dazednconfused
Site Admin

Postby JohnSmith123 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:39 am

I use TWRP. I did a cache, delvik, and system wipe (deletes the ROM right?), however I didn't do the data (factory reset?). That must've been the issue all along lol.. So then what does the data reset do? And what do I need to backup for that? I backed up my whole phone anyway but it's good to know some specifics you know what I mean? Lol also if I backup data for a system app which you guys created like the blue calendar, and I backed up the data with Titanium Backup (events, tasks, etc.), could I put the data onto a another app (like the regular calendar) but on a different ROM? Like put it on their version of the app? You guys work wonders ha thanks again
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 am

JohnSmith123 wrote:I use TWRP. I did a cache, delvik, and system wipe (deletes the ROM right?), however I didn't do the data (factory reset?). That must've been the issue all along lol.. So then what does the data reset do? And what do I need to backup for that? I backed up my whole phone anyway but it's good to know some specifics you know what I mean? Lol also if I backup data for a system app which you guys created like the blue calendar, and I backed up the data with Titanium Backup (events, tasks, etc.), could I put the data onto a another app (like the regular calendar) but on a different ROM? Like put it on their version of the app? You guys work wonders ha thanks again

A backup (nand) backs up your entire rom and all of it's contents, including data. When/if you restore that nand, your device will be exactly as it was before you wiped (assuming you haven't flashed a different modem (baseband)). Wiping data factory reset, system, cache, and dalvik cache are imparitive to a clean install. If you don't wipe "data factory reset," you will be performing what is called a "dirty flash" and are likely to have issues, as your applications and their data may not interact properly with whatever rom you are flashing.
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 am

JohnSmith123 wrote:I use TWRP. I did a cache, delvik, and system wipe (deletes the ROM right?), however I didn't do the data (factory reset?). That must've been the issue all along lol.. So then what does the data reset do? And what do I need to backup for that? I backed up my whole phone anyway but it's good to know some specifics you know what I mean? Lol also if I backup data for a system app which you guys created like the blue calendar, and I backed up the data with Titanium Backup (events, tasks, etc.), could I put the data onto a another app (like the regular calendar) but on a different ROM? Like put it on their version of the app? You guys work wonders ha thanks again

A backup (nand) backs up your entire rom and all of it's contents, including data. When/if you restore that nand, your device will be exactly as it was before you wiped (assuming you haven't flashed a different modem (baseband)). Wiping data factory reset, system, cache, and dalvik cache are imparitive to a clean install. If you don't wipe "data factory reset," you will be performing what is called a "dirty flash" and are likely to have issues, as your applications and their data may not interact properly with whatever rom you are flashing.

When using Titanium Backup, it is NOT recommended that you restore "app & data."You would essentially be dirty flashing that particular application. It is okay to restore the application minus data though.

Most calendars will have a backup/restore option in their own settings. I recommend using those to backup/restore their contents.
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby JohnSmith123 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Alright roger that! :D

Now I just hit a big problem. I downloaded the JellyBomb v14.0 from their website directly from my phone. I did a nandroid backup, pics vids, I basically backed up everything. So in TWRP (in order), I reset the cache, delvik, factory reset, and system. So it looked like I was good to go. My dumba** decided to delete all the other zip file ROMs on there except the new one. So when I clicked to install it, the installation failed. I think the zip did not download all the way.. So in a panic I thought I could put files on there using Odin so now my phone is stuck in download mode and I figured out I can't put files on there through Odin.. So how can I safely get out of the downloading mode, and download the full ROM onto the phone, so I can install it and so ultimately, we can move on with our lives? :) Lol if there is a link with the answer already that'd be more than enough, thank you all so much!

Update:
I took out the battey, put it back in, and went into TWRP. I clicked on restore and from the saved backup it showed restore system so I tried it. It said restore successful so I turned on my phone. It failed and automatically went back into TWRP.. What do I do?
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:13 am

JohnSmith123 wrote:Alright roger that! :D

Now I just hit a big problem. I downloaded the JellyBomb v14.0 from their website directly from my phone. I did a nandroid backup, pics vids, I basically backed up everything. So in TWRP (in order), I reset the cache, delvik, factory reset, and system. So it looked like I was good to go. My dumba** decided to delete all the other zip file ROMs on there except the new one. So when I clicked to install it, the installation failed. I think the zip did not download all the way.. So in a panic I thought I could put files on there using Odin so now my phone is stuck in download mode and I figured out I can't put files on there through Odin.. So how can I safely get out of the downloading mode, and download the full ROM onto the phone, so I can install it and so ultimately, we can move on with our lives? :) Lol if there is a link with the answer already that'd be more than enough, thank you all so much!

Update:
I took out the battey, put it back in, and went into TWRP. I clicked on restore and from the saved backup it showed restore system so I tried it. It said restore successful so I turned on my phone. It failed and automatically went back into TWRP.. What do I do?

John John John :-). I think you should read up a bit more, and watch some "how to" video's on YouTube. If you mess around too much your phone is gonna become an expensive skipping rock.

Once you select the backup that you're restoring, just select the big "restore" tab, which will be available (bottom right) once you select your backup. Don't change the boxes that are already X'd. You're booting back into recovery because you unselected data and boot.

Also, I think you're going to have a lot more headaches if you are using any version of twrp other than 2.3.1.0. I will provide a zip of it below.

(Don't do this if you're already on 2.3.1.0)

Instructions:
1. Download this
http://db.tt/J4PcCD1z
2. Before booting into recovery, determine whether this has been downloaded to your internal or your external SD card.
3. Boot into recovery, and select "install"
4. If it was downloaded to external SD, make sure the little circle in the upper left corner that reads "external SD" is selected. If it downloaded to your internal SD card, select the circle in the upper right corner that reads "internal SD"
5. Scroll down and select your "download" folder
6. Find your 2.3.1.0 zip and select it
7. Select "Install" (the big tab that reads "Install")
8. Once it's installed, select "reboot system."

9. Now go watch some YouTube video's, John :-)
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby JohnSmith123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Thank you sir I've recently done some youtube ROM education ;)
You have fixed my problems!

However....(oh no!) I do have another question for you, lol. I'm not stuck with anything technical i just need some easy help I guess.

So I installed the JellyBomb Domination ROM for the Sprint Galaxy S3. It comes with many cool blue-themed apps. The problem is, how can I update these apps instead of updating them through the Play Store? Because if i update them through the Play Store then they will lose the blue-theme and it will go back to their original colors. Is there an app/ROM update app for the JellyBomb? On Wicked Sensations there's an app called The Kuban Updater, which you can use to update the system apps that the ROM came with, change icons, themes, etc. You can do most of this stuff with JellyBomb already (including ROM update). However, I have not been able to find a JellyBomb system app updater.. Do I just have to wait for the new versions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Postby dazednconfused » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

JohnSmith123 wrote:Thank you sir I've recently done some youtube ROM education ;)
You have fixed my problems!

However....(oh no!) I do have another question for you, lol. I'm not stuck with anything technical i just need some easy help I guess.

So I installed the JellyBomb Domination ROM for the Sprint Galaxy S3. It comes with many cool blue-themed apps. The problem is, how can I update these apps instead of updating them through the Play Store? Because if i update them through the Play Store then they will lose the blue-theme and it will go back to their original colors. Is there an app/ROM update app for the JellyBomb? On Wicked Sensations there's an app called The Kuban Updater, which you can use to update the system apps that the ROM came with, change icons, themes, etc. You can do most of this stuff with JellyBomb already (including ROM update). However, I have not been able to find a JellyBomb system app updater.. Do I just have to wait for the new versions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

That is JoshBeach's rom. You would have to wait on him to update the apps with his theme. You can find most of the Google Apps inverted and themed with a darker blue from our very own team member, rujelus22 and his inverted apps site located here ----->>>> http://www.rujelus22.com/evo/index.php .

Those are the same apps that most of us use for our inverted base anyway. Hope that helps you a little more.
dazednconfused
Site Admin

Postby JohnSmith123 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm

(How do I reply to your quote/thread specifically?)
Oh is this a forum for Wicked Sensations only? If so, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.
Wow so I can take these apps and update them over the system apps? And what would be the method?
It does help me very much, thank you.
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 am

JohnSmith123 wrote:(How do I reply to your quote/thread specifically?)
Oh is this a forum for Wicked Sensations only? If so, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.
Wow so I can take these apps and update them over the system apps? And what would be the method?

Individual rom threads will be under forum/your device/development. You're in the sprint galaxy s3 forum. Josh hasn't updated his rom thread in quite some time, so until that is situated, right here is fine...this thread will be moved eventually.

To directly quote from PC, simply select "quote" under post. To quote via mobile, select the post itself and when prompted, select quote.

Using a root file explorer (I use "root explorer") navigate to system/app and remove existing application (long press and select delete). Find the apk that you downloaded, long press it, and select move. Move to system/app and select paste. Make sure that permissions matches those of the other apks in system apps (ie. rw-r--r--), by long pressing the apk, selecting "permissions," and make sure it looks like the screenshot provided.

Now reboot your device and you're golden.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1365517382904.jpg
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby JohnSmith123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 pm

1brainsurgeon wrote:
JohnSmith123 wrote:(How do I reply to your quote/thread specifically?)

Individual rom threads will be under forum/your device/development. You're in the sprint galaxy s3 forum. Josh hasn't updated his rom thread in quite some time, so until that is situated, right here is fine...this thread will be moved eventually.

To directly quote from PC, simply select "quote" under post. To quote via mobile, select the post itself and when prompted, select quote.

Using a root file explorer (I use "root explorer") navigate to system/app and remove existing application (long press and select delete). Find the apk that you downloaded, long press it, and select move. Move to system/app and select paste. Make sure that permissions matches those of the other apks in system apps (ie. rw-r--r--), by long pressing the apk, selecting "permissions," and make sure it looks like the screenshot provided.

Now reboot your device and you're golden.

Hey look I did it! Lmao I must be getting better at this!
Hahaha hey bro whenever you got time I got one more question for ya:

I love The People's ROM Boot Animation!... And I love JellyBomb's Boot Animation! I recently just found that there's an option that I can play 2 boot animations, one right after the other! How can I get The People's ROM boot animation and install it on a different ROM (JellyBomb)?! I think I need the zip file that plays the animation correct? Man that would mean a lot to me if you knew how to do that!

Thank you so much for all the help that you and everyone else have given me!
I would love to donate to you guys! If I donate to Team Venum would that be split amongst everyone on here and for all the Team Venum ROM developers or is there a more specific route? (I will donate to TPR too if I use their boot animation).

Sincerely :),
"John Smith"
JohnSmith123
Forum Noob

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

Are you referring to "dual boot?"
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby Weside » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:00 pm

1brainsurgeon wrote:Are you referring to "dual boot?"

I think he is referring to the functionality found in the ”Pimp My ROM" tweak package from the play store. It loads up a primary and a secondary boot image and alternates between the two.

You can try going to Google and searching "boot animation xda" and sifting through the collections there a maybe find what you are after, then use that pimp my ROM app to set up the dual boot animations. I strongly urge you to NAND backup and/or use the in app tool to create a CWM flash able undo button before you muck about, that app has caused massive amounts of soft bricks from human error. Don't be tempted to mash all the pretty buttons at once lol.
Last edited by Weside on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weside
Forum Noob

Postby 1brainsurgeon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Weside wrote:
1brainsurgeon wrote:Are you referring to "dual boot?"

I think he is referring to the functionality found in the ”Pimp My ROM" tweak package from the play store. It loads up a primary and a secondary boot image and alternates between the two.

Thank you. Care to walk him through it?
1brainsurgeon
Forum Member

Postby Weside » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Oh and if they are proprietary images and the ROM author(s) don't have their images readily available I'd say it would be a good idea to get permission before cross breeding stuff.

That being said, I don't know how rip boot animations.
Weside
Forum Noob

Return to Development